Torridon House, D. Darroch, Esqr. September 1883 [Scotland] by Edward Gennys Fanshawe

Torridon House, D. Darroch, Esqr. September 1883 [Scotland]

Edward Gennys Fanshawe

Fine art poster

More products…
  • Amazing giclée print quality
  • 280gsm thick fine art print paper
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Image information

Close

Our prints

We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.

Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.

Read more about our fine art prints.

Manufactured in the UK

All products are created in our Surrey print factory in the UK, and we are the trusted printing partner of many high profile and respected art galleries and museums.

We are proud to have produced over 1 million prints for hundreds of thousands of customers.

Delivery & returns

We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all unframed prints are despatched within 2-4 days via courier or recorded mail.

Delivery to the UK is £5 for an unframed print of any size.

We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.

Product details Torridon House, D. Darroch, Esqr. September 1883 [Scotland]

Torridon House, D. Darroch, Esqr. September 1883 [Scotland]

Edward Gennys Fanshawe

Mounted in album with PAI4673-PAI4715.; No.44. No. 44 in Fanshawe's Baltic and later album, 1843-1883. Captioned by the artist on the album page below the image, as title. The view shows the front of Torridon House, on the north shore of Upper Loch Torridon, with Ben Alligin (985 m) behind. The house was built by Duncan Darroch of Gourock (d. 1910), who bought the Torridon estate in 1873. He cleared it of sheep in order to create a deer forest and returned crofters to land from which they had been evicted during the Highland Clearances, allowing their cattle to share hill grazing with his deer. In the 20th century the house belonged to the Earls of Lovelace. This is one of a group of four drawings recording an autumn visit by Fanshawe to Scotland in his retirement (PAI4713 - 4716).
Edward Gennys Fanshawe

Original size: 176 mm x 251 mm

  • Image ref: PZ4716
  • National Maritime Museum

Find related images

Torridon House, D. Darroch, Esqr. September 1883 [Scotland] by Edward Gennys Fanshawe zoom

Discover more

More by the artist Edward Gennys Fanshawe.

This image on other products