Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740 by Bernardo Bellotto (attributed to)

Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740

Bernardo Bellotto (attributed to)

Fine art poster

More products…
  • Amazing giclée print quality
  • 280gsm thick fine art print paper
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
£14.95

Image information

Close

Sizing information

Dimensions
Overall size x cm ( x in)
Artwork x cm ( x in)
Border (mount) cm top/bottom (in)
cm left/right (in)
Depth 3.8cm (1.5)
Frame face 2cm (0.79in)
Depth 2.3cm (0.9in)
Model is 5ft4in or 1.62m
Model is 5'4" (1.62m)

Our prints

We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.

Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.

Read more about our fine art prints.

Manufactured in the UK

All products are created in our Surrey print factory in the UK, and we are the trusted printing partner of many high profile and respected art galleries and museums.

We are proud to have produced over 1 million prints for hundreds of thousands of customers.

Delivery & returns

We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all unframed prints are despatched within 2-4 days via courier or recorded mail.

Delivery to the UK is £5 for an unframed print of any size, or free when you spend £60.

We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.

Product details Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740

Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740

Bernardo Bellotto (attributed to)

Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740. This view of the Piazza San Marco, Venice shows Bellotto's devotion to faithful observation. At the left is the church of St. Mark with the Doge's Palace just beyond, leading to the lagoon. Vertically dividing the canvas is the campanile (bell tower) with the Procuratie Nuove (a government building) extending to the right. At the extreme right, opposite St. Mark's, is the façade of the church of San Geminiano which was removed in the 19th century by Napoleon. The two wings of the Procuratie were then joined across the west end of the piazza. Bernardo Bellotto was the nephew and student of Canaletto (Giovanni Antonio Canal, 1697-1768) who ran one of the most productive painting workshops in Italy. Like his uncle, Bellotto specialized in vedute (views) of Italy, especially Venice, which were purchased avidly by British aristocrats traveling on the Grand Tour. Bellotto later worked for the courts of Dresden, Vienna, Warsaw, and Munich, painting topographical and imaginary views of those cities.

  • Image ref: 2737717
  • Heritage Art/Heritage Images

Find related images

Piazza San Marco, Venice, c. 1740 by Bernardo Bellotto (attributed to) zoom

This image on other products